I can't get enough of lipsticks. But let's be honest, no one in their right mind needs as many lippys as I own (I think I'm pushing 50 at this point), come on though - red lipsticks are a beauty staple! You can never have too many reds, there are so many shades, finishes, textures. I need them all! However, here are a few tried and true favorite reds I own.
These are drugstore brands that are inexpensive, but totally effective. I love it when a drugstore brand exceeds expectations, or surpasses your high end brands. These are my favorite budget buys (from left to right):
- Flower Kiss Stick High Shine Lipstick in Rose Bud $5 - To be honest, I bought this on a whim simply because I though the packaging was divine. But it has proven to be truly fantastic. Creamy, long lasting, vibrant color and such a yummy vanilla scent.
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Big Cherry $6 - Lightweight and hydrating these are perfect for gals who are on the fence when it comes to lipstick. This shade is more on the pinkish side but has great payoff.
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore It Red-er? $5 - I was obsessed with Maybelline's Color Whisper range so hard that I had nearly every shade. Well I've definitely cleaned house but I still love Who Wore It Red-er? It can go on sheer for a stain like appearance or you can layer it up for a more lipstick look.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Red Revolution $8 - This red is vibrant, vibrant, vibrant! Not for the faint of heart it is a red like no other.
I'm a huge fan of the Kate Moss collection from Rimmel. Honestly my favorite reds have come from her line. I may have cheated a bit as the first lippy is in fact not part of the Kate Collection but throw me a bone here! It is Rimmel! And I think Kate would rock it. I also have my eyes set on a matte red from her collection as well so I'm sure these favorites will grow. All of these are extremely pigmented, go on smooth, keep lips moist, and last a good long while (left to right):
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 124 $5 - A gorgeous deep berry red I love this shade for winter. Gives an edgy look without having to commit to black lipstick.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 01 $5 - My first Kate Moss shade this is a true red with orange tones that is universally flattering. I grab this on the daily, and is my go to recommendation for anyone looking for a great red.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 09 $5 - Nearly identical to 01 but with blue tones. Can't praise it enough!
The last of the bunch are on the pricier end of the spectrum. Ones I grab on a special occasion or when I want something I know will last. Here we go (left to right):
- Albeit Lipstick in Ruby $18 - Another case of me being a sucker for pretty packaging... I saw these gold tubed lipsticks at Anthropologie and fell in love. They reminded me old Hollywood glamour and the color Ruby is a rich and lush red that looks like red velvet cake.
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo $16 - A EXTREMELY matte blue red. If you're looking for something that will last you breakfast, lunch, and dinner this is your go to. Requires a bit of prep work (exfoliate, balm, lip pencil), feels a bit like dragging a crayon over your lips and not ideal for those with chapped, dryer lips - but it's money well spent.
- Lipstick Queen in Medieval $22 - The fairest of them all, Medieval is a shade that flatters all complexions and was created by the Lipstick Queen herself Poppy King. Sheer, sexy, and meant to mimic medieval ladies using lemons to give their lips a natural blood red tint.
And there you have it! My favorite reds. What are some of your favorites? Anything I missed that I should check out? xx